Thứ Bảy, 8 tháng 10, 2011


  • At its peak, Twitter had no more than 3000 users in Vietnam, the majority among whom are geeks. This is a rough estimation from many avid users. The number has dropped drastically since 2008.

  • Most Twitter clones in Vietnam failed. This year, I only see mimo.vn left. It eventually implemented SMS updates that I had hinted back in 2009.

  • 2 years after I deplurked, Plurk has been slowly gaining traction in Philippines and Taiwan. While information on the reasons Weibo dominates China is easy to find, analysis on Plurk is limited I still can’t answer why. A Taiwanese friend of mine, upon receiving my question, replied briefly "Personally I think the mechanism of Plurk is very close to Taiwanese ideology of mumbling".

  • VNG launched Zing Live, a proclaimed Weibo clone by its CEO. VCCorp launched Ming.vn and Pega.vn. Pega, surprisingly, works on "add friend" rather than "follow" mechanism.

  • I would expect more Weibo clones to come.

  • Digg, reddit, Mixx, slashdot, furk are all dropping

  • Meanwhile, StumbleUpon is having a spike in traffic. What has it done right?


stumbleupon traffic

Xem đầy đủ bài viết tại http://www.taitran.vn/microblogging-and-social-bookmarking-2011/

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến